Friday, June 5, 2009

Let how much it all matters pry me off dead center.


What an amazing day. Four groups on the last 160 miles of the Natchez Trace Parkway rode with strength, wisdom, and a whole lot of fun. I wish I could fit you all into a satchel and carry you with me. You'd love it. If laughter is good for the soul, this trip is good for the entire spiritual journey.


Four teams, 17 bikers, and 160 miles. For my team alone, (I've learned every measurement needs some perspective) 18 peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches. They rode well today, the riders not the sandwiches, and the reward was sweet- some much needed pool time followed by amazing Cajun cuisine. If I didn't hate the bugs here so much, I might have to move to Natchez, Mississippi and learn to bake French Etouffee.


Let how much it all matters pry me off dead center.


Said here before many times, but these bikers are amazing. At tonight's team meeting, two team members shared the times in their journeys they truly began to show up for life. Every minute the Viva Catie team rides, I have the incredible blessing to watch each of them show up for life.They are motivated by a power greater than themselves, driven to accomplish a mighty goal (1/3 of the way completed), and determined to live fully each minute of the life they are given.


For the past few months, part of a prayer has lingered. I've pondered it in my heart and asked the Lord to show me what exactly this prayer looks like in real life.


Turns out, asking the Lord to let how much it all matters pry me off dead center looks a lot like this-

Good night from Natchez, Mississippi. Tomorrow will be a hard, long, and hot ride. We're ready and riding for Catie.

1 comment:

  1. Glad all is going well. Enjoying your writings and adventures. What a wonderful thing to experience. Love to all Mom

    ReplyDelete